Wednesday, January 13, 2010

BPHS Assembly--You don't want to miss this POST!


Every year at BPHS the staff puts on an assembly for the students to reward them for all of their hard work throughout the year. Since we are teachers, most of us are a little/ or a LOT "hammy" so usually these things end up being pretty darn HILARIOUS! This year they asked me to be in the American Idol skit. I said sure right away and then she told me that I would be singing Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA, and they wanted me to be the contestant that was a HORRIBLE singer. I didn't think much of it at the time but on the drive home from work I started to realize what I had just agreed to!!! When I got home and told mr. curtis and the girls about it they were in disbelief. Chelo and Heath ESPECIALLY were thinking they needed to take off school/work to come see this performance!! Heath said there was NO WAY he would stand on stage in front of the whole school (students, faculty, and administrators!!) and sing--good or bad! He said he would quit his job or come down really sick to avoid it!! The more they talked the more I started to panic about it...but oh well, there wasn't anything I could've done at that point. I had already agreed!! So all the rest of that evening and the next day I just told myself that it wasn't that out of character for me and that I could handle it!! Being nervous was only going to make things worse!! (how sad that I was drawing this pep talk to myself from the ones I would have before a big race back in the day!!) In the end it went just fine---the judges actually cut me off really early, WHEW!! The kiddos thought I sounded HORRIBLE and have requested that I not sing ever again!! The audio isn't good but I am posting a clip of the Reality TV assembly so you can have a good laugh!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. There is blackmail evidence right here. Seriously give you kudos for doing that I woulda done thrown up and passed out!

    ReplyDelete