Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Neighbor Says We are "Batty!"

At about 10 o'clock last night as we were getting ready for bed we had quite a bit of excitement. As I was walking out of our bedroom I SCREAMED loudly when I saw a BAT circling around our second floor landing!! I screamed so much I woke Paisley up!! So I RAN in her room to settle her back down and when I did the bat flew downstairs where Heath was. (After the whole fiasco was over he told me that when I screamed he knew that could only mean there was a bat in the house!!) We managed to get it closed off in the dining room so we could come up with a plan. I called my neighbors and Jennifer came right over. I asked her if she heard me screaming and she said she thought she heard something but she wasn't sure. I told her that it was a good thing I wasn't getting murdered!

Carrie was at Wal-Mart (go figure!) and when I texted her about our situation she just told me she always "knew we were a little batty!!" "hahaha...no time for jokes" i texted back!!! So Jennifer came over and the three of us just stood in the doorway watching the bat (seriously for about 30 minutes!). We were ALL too chicken to do anything about it---and let me tell ya my hubby was the biggest chicken of all---okay not more than me!!--but still chicken!! We went through about 20 ideas--not kidding. At one point Jennifer asked me what the life expectancy of a bat was and maybe we could just leave it in there until it dies. I just looked at her and said "next idea!!" Finally after NO PROGRESS was being made I texted Carrie again and asked her to please just come home and take care of it and that she did........

She walked right in grabbed the net (which we keep in our house after the last bat incident!) and scooped it right up. It really made us feel like a bunch of wienies!!! Thank goodness Carrie moved in next door to take care of stuff like this for us!!
Heath the "bravely" took the net from Carrie and escorted Edward the Bat outside! They told him to take it across the street to let it out!! HA! He walked down and let it out by the tracks and we could see him jumping out of the way as it flew out!!

***edition to the story: Since they are our "new" neighbors they don't yet know what a psycho picture taker I am. At one point Jennifer said, "is this a good time to be taking pictures???" and I replied, "this is the BEST time to be taking pictures!!!!"
We thought it was a pretty big one (oh that's another thing Jennifer said about her life span idea...since it was big maybe it was old and it would die soon! She is a trip!) with it's wings open but Heath said it was chewing on the net and squeezed out one of the holes when he let it go!


Speaking of Edward, we had rented the movie Remember Me earlier in the evening and since it was a RedBox and due back the next day we figured we had better go ahead and start it. It was WONDERFUL (I think I will buy it-and I don't do that very often) and we ended up staying up til 1am!! Way too late considering Heath had to work at 5am! An I thought my lazy summer butt was tired---I couldn't IMAGINE how pooped he must've been!!

check out the trailer and go rent it for a buck when you want to see a good movie...

4 comments:

  1. o my gosh, that is the funniest thing that I've ever heard of!! How in the hell are bats getting into your house?? :) we always knew you guys were crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little!!! We were unloading the car from camping this weekend and we had a couple of doors propped open and that is how we think it got in. 11th street is batty man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please leave them in Winfield, I dont want to get bitten by Edward next weekend I am more of a Jacob girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap! I don't think I'd have been able to sleep after that!

    ReplyDelete