Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swimming Lessons


Another great way to kick off summer is with the start of swimming lessons!! Adler and Crosby started this week and we were all so excited! Yes, all of us even me. I may be weird but I LOVE swimming lessons. Maybe because I have such great memories of them as a child (warm summer mornings, seeing my friends, and the feeling of accomplishment when I learned a new stroke) or because for thirty beautiful minutes a day I sit in a lounge chair in the sun reading and relaxing in peace!! I LOVE IT!! Well, these two DEFINITELY take after me b/c they LOVE it too! They are both such determined little things that having goals set for them, in this case passing a level or learning a stroke, is such a FUN challenge! So this year our Ads is in level 6, the highest level that these Red Cross lessons go to. They are working on different types of dives right now and are going to be getting into rescue maneuvers and Jr. life guarding stuff so she is SUPER excited! This year is the first summer Crosby is old enough for Red Cross lessons (we tried the other classes with her but she has so much exposure to swimming that blowing bubbles and kicking is way not her speed). So I put her in Level one and after the first class the teacher came up to me and said "I moved her to level 2. She is a FISH!!" She is loving level 2 her teacher is having them work on front and back crawl (AT YEARS OLD!!) and floating. Today her teacher came up to me and said that she was soo cute and that she was doing a really good job. I am proud of my fishy girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment