Thursday, May 28, 2009

Scrapping Booking and a HOLY COW of a night!!!

We woke up Wed. morning (nice and early :) and the weather was on the cooler side. Since swimming was OUT --even though my girls will swim at ANY temperature!!!--- and we had nary a plan I got the BRILLIANT idea to pack up the girlie girls and head for a mommy daughter day at the Attic. LUCKILY my daughters all share my LOVE for the hobby so what a great way to spend the day with them! They were so great and we --okay they cropped for 4 hours. The big girls were really careful about how much they spent, I was so proud of them...it is so neat to see them appreciate the value of $$ and not going crazy. But not the CROS, she is FAR from there. She would've spent $10 a page if I would let her!!! They each got about 8 pages done and we all had a great time!!! Such a great idea for a rainy day!!


and in other news...the ripits won the ripits won the ripits won! Not a good night to miss grandma and grandpa {wink} as I am sure you have heard!!!




Let me try to tell ya really quick why this was SUCH a great game... First our head coach Brian--who is AWESOME btw--- was out of town so daddy heath, normally the ass. coach ;) stepped in... as if these games aren't nerve racking enough with my girls playing but this time my husband had the game on his shoulders...and even the nicest of parents can be SUPA critical of the poor coaches (WHO VOLUNTEER!) and EVERYONE on the sidelines--myself included--- gets so wrapped up in the games that we "coach" our children from the sidelines, as if we are all experienced fast pitch coaches ourselves. It is really funny when I think about it!! Anyway back to the game. We started out the first few innings getting beat 9-1 OUCH and I thought we were gonners (cause the MAX each team can score is 6 runs per inning). Anyway, the other team put in a different pitcher who pitched pretty SLOW. Heath had the girls scoot way up in the batter's box (a couple of the parents kept telling their kids to scoot back- then heath would tell them to move up so they were dancin out there!!) sooo... even though he is normally the ass. coach :) he has coached high school girls fast pitch and KNOWS what he is doing (i really WANT to tell some of the parents!) anyway the girls started smacking the ball (including Chel and Adler) and next thing we knew the score was like 9-7 and we were back in it!! They ended up scoring a few more and we HAD to score ALL 6 again to TIE!! The girls made some great plays--Adler is KILLING it out there as catcher and Chel-- She nearly caught a line drive and on another play did some quick thinking and ran over to cover 1st on a short hit to the first baseman (i need to cut her some slack on saying she picks daises out there!!). Anyway both of our girl got hits again (they bat back to back and it is neat to watch them hit each other around the bases but it is SOOOOO stressful when they are actually batting--I just want them to SMACK the ball every time like I know they can!!! So we tied it up and played and extra inning and pretty much dominated. They had put back in their fast pitcher but she wasn't even able to hang cause after all of the base hits the girl's confidence was THROUGH THE ROOF!!! The final score was 14-13 and we saw the happiest Ripit froggy dance of the season!! HECK I almost joined them!!!! The game was a blast for the parents and kids and talking after---Heath and I are sooo glad we joined the Derby league. Yeah it is a drive but the girls are playing with their own team and having SUCCESS. Well that was a crazy long post and Crosby is being REALLY quiet upstairs so i better run check on her.... Bruiser is probably wearing make-up!!!

1 comment:

  1. I heard and I am sad:( that we missed it! I would have made a fool of myself jumping up and down and yelling like a crazy grandma. Then the girls would never want me to come back. Lol Congrads girls to a game well played. YEA RIPITS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete