Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 4 Lake Calhoun, Stella's, and Downtown

We woke up Thursday morning with the plan of doing some canoeing on the lake. When I got there this is what I saw.... you could also rent paddle boats and I thought PERFECT!!! So the girls and I loaded up while the guys got a canoe. At first it was great paddling right along, we were doing so well...
With Jared and Heath in the lead we paddle to this tunnel under which we promptly got high centered because there was only enough room for our boat to squeeze through beside a sand bar and at that point---okay at no time was I good at steering anyway!!!



So the boys have the ambitious plans to row out and around this three mile island with us following behind in the paddle boat.


Well preggo and the three kids made it just beyond the tunnel when the kids started to poop out. If you've never paddle boated let me tell you they go about a half mile an hour no matter how hard and fast you peddle. This is a workout as big as one of my spin classes I am here to tell ya.

Of course the guys thought we were just being wimpy and we kept making adjustments, moving people from paddle boat to canoe way out in the middle of the lake to try to make it work. I ended up being in the paddle boat the whole time cause there was NO WAY I was going to risk falling into the lake fully clothed (cause you KNOW Murphy's Law is my mantra---especially while pregnant--- 100x more likely for something to go wrong!!)


So in the end it was Heath (complaining the whole way about how hard it was!! Like I was just being a weenie!!), Cros, Chelo, and I in the PB while Adler and Jayrod did laps around the lake in the canoe while waiting for us to get back to the dock. It was fun but I was pooped for sure (Heath said all night how his legs were sooooo sore--mine felt just fine :) and now I know that PBs are for LEISURELY rides with no particular destination in mind!!!



After the "great canoe trip" we had all worked up huge appetites so Jared took us to one of his favorite spots Stella's. Jared and I are a perfect match when it comes to entertainment... as we were driving down the street to eat I saw a restaurant patio on top of a building overlooking Minneapolis and I pointed and said I want to go there--he just smiled and said "that's where we are going!!" This place was seriously the coolest!!! I LOVE to eat outside and the view was amazing!!



The view from our table...



J-Dog...Mr. TV Personality!!!! Is that shirt ALWAYS wrong side out!?!!? heehee

oh and did I mention Stella's is a SEAFOOD place?!?!? This was the BEST fried shrimp I had ever had-- I could've eaten the coctail sauce with a spoon!! Hey I'm pregnant... what do you expect?!?!

The girls and Uncle Jared coloring away at our table!


After lunch Adler, Jared and I made a quick trip another Old Navy. Jared thought we were crazy but they were having that HUGE sale and I hadn't gotten Adler any clothes because she HAS to be with me to try things on. We got her all stocked up on school clothes at GREAT prices---were talking $3.99 pairs of jeans and hoodies!!! And to top it off in MN there is no sales tax on clothes--don't ask me why--so it made things that much cheaper!!! Jared just kept asking "Don't you have Old Navy in Kansas???" I tried to explain to him that 4 kids and school clothes you take the sales when you can get them but I STILL don't think he got it!! Heath definitely gets it and didn't even blink an eye when I came home with a gigantic sack of 6-12 month clothes for Paisley!!! The swimming suits were $2... I bought 6 whoops!!! I guess I am planning on her being a water baby like her sisters!!
For dinner we loaded up the crew and went to downtown MN. We walked around by the Mississippi River...



you can't see it in this picture but Chel spotted a beaver and we were soo excited!!

This is a picture titled "If you don't cooperate for a picture I will DEFINITELY be putting it on the BLOG!! Love ya Ads!!


And finally to end the evening after some debate we settle for dinner at Joe's Garage. We weren't sure how "kid friendly" some of the places downtown on a Thursday night were but this one was just great. We sat out front on the sidewalk had a great LAST NIGHT in MN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment