Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Crosby!!!

She asked to have cupcakes and was infatuated with the #5 candle! She wanted to keep all of the candles, in fact but I don't think we need to do that!!!
This was seriously one of the most FUN birthday parties we have had for the girls!! We set up a HUGE water slide in the front yard for the kids. We really didn't tell anybody what we were doing exactly (just had them wear swim suits) so that when they came and saw the big slide they were all PUMPED!!!! The kids had a BLAST going down the slide time and time again. We had most of the neighborhood, our family, and some of Crosby's school friends over to help us celebrate!! I turned on the slide at about 6pm (even though the party didn't start til 6:30--the girls just couldn't wait) and even though most everyone was gone by 8 or so our girls and a few neighbor kids slid until dark!!! I was taking my bath and I could hear them out there laughing and having a great time!! Winfield doesn't start school for another week and a half so I thought...let them enjoy as many more summer nights as they still can!!



She was so excited to open her presents she could hardly wait so we took a break from the slide for presents and cupcakes (I forgot to put out the ice cream!! Oh well they didn't notice, except now I have a freezer full of ice cream....and I'm supposed to be watching my blood sugar!!) With all of the kids gathered around, Adler read all of the cards out loud as Crosby opened her presents!!! She got soo much fun stuff all with tons of little pieces of course!! SWEET!!

...and some super fun video of the water slide!! I debated going down it myself it just looked that fun!! In the end I decided that with school starting and putting the party together I didn't even have the energy to put on my suit!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like soooo much FUN!! Happy 5th Birthday Crosby! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like you guys just had a blast!

    ReplyDelete