skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Human Pin Cushion
What a way to end a SUPER week!! I just got out of the hospital....I ended up having to take the 5 hour blood sugar test after all. When I went in to my OB yesterday they retested my glucose and I failed again by just a few points...and this time there was no talking my way out of it!! So I had to be at the hospital at 7am this morning. When I got there I wasn't in the best of spirits and after my first blood draw I asked her where I would be spending my next 4 hours (even though I new the answer) and she pointed to a teeny waiting room with chairs bolted to the floor--so there was no way for me to even prop up my feet. Good times!! While I was chillin for my first hour one of the lab techs came by that takes aerobics from me and we started chatting. She told me there was a bed in her office that I could lay on during the test and SERIOUSLY I contemplated hugging her. Instead I opted for telling her she made my day!! So in between stabbings (4 total-2 in each arm) I was able to stretch out and even nap a little!! That bed alone made my situation more tolerable and I am really thinking about becoming an advocate for beds for pregnant women during the 5 hour blood test!!! :) As for the rest of my week.... filled with ups and downs. Getting back into the swing of school has been pretty tough and to top it off I got my hand slapped at work for being 2 minutes late!! Not 2 minutes after the bell but 2 minutes after the fifteen minute til bell. Welcome back to school!!! Damn trains!!! Oh well, WHATEVER, I did find out that we are tentatively scheduled for our c-section on October 26th so that is Awesome to know an exact date to count down to! Well in a few hours I am off to Park City to CropaGanza to scrapbook the weekend away...woohoo!!!!
Gotta luv hospitals! Hope this test turns out better than the other 2...let us know ASAP! ♥
ReplyDeleteThose glucose tests are horrible! I had to do one last winter and I didn't do really well with it, nearly passed out! And getting stuck over and over is murder! I feel ya sista. On the bright side, glad you have a due date, sort of! That's awesome!
ReplyDelete