Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Monday!!!

I am teaching an 8th grade Spanish class for the first time this year and to finish the year off I got the brilliant idea to do pinatas. My wonderful friend and cooperating teacher Elo does these with her kiddos every year so I knew we could pull it off!!! Well needless to say, I have BRAND new carpeting and not a lot of table space so they have to be REALLY careful which is not in the vocabulary of a middle schooler as some of you may know!!!!! They can be pretty SPASTIC so to start off paper mache-ing I had my senior college Spanish class come help and they did an AWESOME job!! I couldn't pull off most of the creative stuff I do at school without their help!! So here is a quick pic of yesterday's madness!! I don't know why I think I can do projects like this with my RAGING hormones. It is better if I just keep to the sidelines!!! :) One quick funny, after spin class the girls and I ran a couple of errands and picked up some Taco Bell (another of my famous home cooked meals!!!). We were all sitting around the COFFEE table eating--June Cleaver I am NOT!!!-- and we noticed that dad is in need of a hair cut. His hat had given him a full blown comb over and he is such a good sport he let us take pictures of it for the blog!! Normally it is spikey so it looked really different to us! We were just laughing away! It is not that we are always just making fun of each other... something will make us laugh and we just crack each other up and it is all down hill from there!! I really do think Heath could use a son though... somebody to have his back when the girls start giving him a hard time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the piƱatas! BTW...coffee-table dinners are the best!!

    ReplyDelete