skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Oh Where, Oh Where has the Blogger Gone? Oh Where Oh Where Can She Beeeee?
So let me tell YA where I've been!!! For the past two days I have been at home. That is right NO WORK FOR ME!!! Belle Plaine had some flooding issues so they cancelled school Monday and Tuesday!! SHUT UP I know!!! How SWEET for me!!! A quick weekend recap then on to my flood days... On Friday night I ran my goods over to the Attic garage sale and then went home and didn't do much. Crosby wasn't feeling good and I was just EXHAUSTED (by Friday I am done-ski!!!) So we crashed early and the next day we had soccer but again she was still running a fever and complaining of an earache so we stayed in and Heath went to coach the big girls. That afternoon I had plans to meet with Foxy Book-sy aka Lindsay and Kara-girl. We hit the Attic garage sale and came away with some serious TREASURE!!! I tried to reserve myself, after all, I was PURGING--- not taking home the purges of others!!!! Don't get me wrong there was were still things I couldn't go on living without that HAD to come home with me!!! Since Lindsay and Karagirl are pretty new to scrapbooking they have a TON of "collecting" (we can't decide if we are scrapbookers to preserve memories or collect pretty things!!) to do so this was a PERFECT event for them!!!! After, we went to Abuelo's (babypumpkin was feeling some Mexican food!!!) After all (and I realize that I say after all a BUNCH!!) we had some CELEBRATING to do. Lindsay got engaged Friday night!!! Oh, I was so excited for her!!! Our little Lindsay is growing up {sniff sniff}...
We had the waitress take a picture of her showing off the rock. Ahhh young love :) As I look at this picture I see three women in such exciting stages of life. One newly engaged, one newlywed surviving a remodel on her house (the true test of marriage so I have heard!!!), and one expecting a new arrival. So many things are going on for the three of us... it makes my heart smile thinking about it. (oh and Kara you KNOW matching grout color to tile is exciting!!!)And THIS is what I did on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday....

I spent TONS of time with my BEAUTIFUL baby girl. Who is about to not be my baby anymore and she is claiming to be just fine with it! {sniff sniff again!!} I am so busy that sometimes I can feel the connection between the two of us to be a little loose so a couple of bonding days and we were back on the right track. We really didn't do much of anything productive---DON'T YOU LOVE IT!!! We slept in and watched tv she lovesloves SpongeBob and iCarly right now. We went out to lunch and went to the library and played outside. Just a lot of mommy and daughter things that are usually reserved for Summer when we have nothing on the agenda but to be together. The past two days with her have REALLY given me a chance to think about how lucky I am to have her because she is so uniquely HER!! She is SUCH a good little girl. And seriously she makes me LAUGH so hard. She is RARELY in a bad mood and is just a JOY to be around. I am so blessed with wonderful daughters and REALLY looking forward to this next baby!! I know I can hear Steff now.... "You're CRAZY!!!" I always knew I wanted a big family and I am lucky to have a husband who wants the same. We know our life is HECTIC and CHAOTIC but we wouldn't want it any other way. Come on.... it is not that we didn't REALIZE that having 4 kids and 3 dogs would be CRAZY. It makes me think of Jon and Kate.... it is a CRAZY life but it is OUR life....
Yeah, I made the blog! :) I'm so excited. I'm going to have to steal that pic so we can crop it! Good point for all 3 of us girls at different points in our lives. Very exciting! :):)
ReplyDelete