Thursday, July 9, 2009

McDonald's PlayPlace

As you know we travel to Derby at least once a week to watch the big girls play softball. Crosby has been a real trooper the whole season. Usually we hit Arby's for supper on these nights but I thought since this was our last game I would let her in on a little secret... there is a McDonald's Play Place right next to Arby's! She is really observant but hadn't noticed it for some reason and the big girls hadn't mentioned it either so I was feeling pretty lucky!! And as expected once we had eaten and were leaving Crosby said "Let's go there EVERY time we are in Derby." and my response was... {heeheehee-under my breath first of all and then} "Sorry babe this is our last game in Derby." She said "that's okay we can come here next year." I thought she took that really well!!!!
So the big girls played well and beat the 2 teams they played 14-1 and 15-0, or something close to that. woohoo! Go Ripits!! Which leaves me to my biggest task for the day. Figuring out what we are going to do this next week. They were supposed to play in Emporia and then we were leaving from there to visit our cousins Jared, Melissa, and Beckett in Minnesota returning Thursday evening in time to meet Elo and get ready for my weekend crop and state softball. WHIRLWIND I KNOW!!! I was nervous about pulling all of that off to say the least!! That would've been a lot normally but with me being 6 months pregnant.... WOW! And of course a BIG wrench gets thrown into very detailed plans leaving me to deal with the mess today. The Emporia tourney got cancelled (as did our backup scrimmages in Cottenwood Falls), a rain-out game got scheduled for Monday night with practices now on Tuesday and possibly Thursday in preparation for state!! OMG! I found out most all of this LAST NIGHT!!!! I am not complaining at all because this was a HUGE commitment that we made as a family and I knew there would be MAJOR time involved but that doesn't mean it isn't hectic to plan our LIFE around softball!! So I am going to spend my day rerouting plans and rescheduling appointments so that we can still make it to Minnesota sometime this summer! I have faith it will all work out and deep down I think this was the BIG GUY'S way of telling me that I HAD PLANNED TOO MUCH and needed to slow it down!! One of the biggest life lessons I learned from having an exchange student was that I needed to revisit my mindset on "making things happen." I have learned that "Pressing" things to make them work is not always the best bet and letting things occur naturally is not all bad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment