Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Lucky

My mom's best friend Renea Carter came to town this weekend with her sweet granddaughters Emma and Ellie. Originally we had planned on being out of town today so we are still trying to rearrange our weekend/week. We ran down to mom's to cookout, swim, and visit with Renee and her girls. It is always funny to hear Renee talking about my mom as a girl. I don't get to hear those stories too often!

Adler and Renea
Chel, Cros, Ads, Renea, Ellie, and Emma

When all else fails and the serious poses just aren't working out---just go for the funny faces. Works every time!!
Chel with her Baby Butter. This was her cat Butterfly (actually she named her butterflybutterflybutterfly...but we shortened it for many reasons!!!) that she got for her 4th birthday that along the road made it's way down to live at Grammy's house. Chelo tries to take her back home with us every time we go to Grammy's but Grammy just can't part with her!
After swimming we made our way home to change for a birthday party the girls had been invited too. We made a quick stop at Posh to pick up our standard birthday gift...a Webkin. They picked out the fox..so cute. While we were there we browsed the baby section and I made my first purchase for the nursery!! It is a white sheer canopy that will hang over her bed. It is gorgeous and I hope that once this heat dies down some I will get my rear in gear and start putting her room together. I have some ideas of what I am looking at.... fun stuff!!!
The party was for Chelo's cousin Harper in Derby at Funtastic's. As we were driving up a funny thing happened that I just have to share. Crosby needed a napkin for something (as she does almost every car ride!)...I got one for her out of the little console where I have a stash and she said,"Mom, you are lucky." I said, "Why do you say that, Buzz?" and she replied so seriously, "Because you have so many napkins." I just smiled and agreed with her... I am soooo lucky and having an unlimited supply of napkins is just the tip of the iceberg!!!!! What an awesome kid!
So we got to the place and the plan was for me to drop them off and head to Andover for an all night pj crop--- I told you I was lucky!!!! Mandy offered to give the girls a ride home so while we were gone Heath and Dennis were able to run out and play 9 holes. Don't you LOVE when things work out so well?!?!?! We got there a few minutes early so I went in to wait with them and WOW!! I fell IN LOVE with that place!!! It is a HUGE building that used to be a gymnastics gym but now they just have birthday parties there. I have never seen anything like it. I could go on and on about all of the cool stuff there but all I will say is that I stayed over and hour---cutting into my cropping time so just imagine how neat it must've been!!
chel, brynn, and harper

chel loved these rings!
Crosby couldn't get enough of the zip line. You hold on to a handlebar attached to a wire and fly across the gym to fall into a giant pit of foam!!

Check out Adler's sweet moves on the HUGE inflatable slide!!
I took so many pictures!! I can't wait to scrapbook them next weekend when my friends and I head to the Slate Creek Lodge in Wellington!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the girls had a blast!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said something to the boys about the cat's name being Butterfly Butterfly Butterfly and they acted like I was crazy! I knew that was her name because I remember when Chelo got her! Too funny. Boys are having a good time with your Mom this summer.

    ReplyDelete