Monday, September 28, 2009

Fun Saturday for Me!!!

Kara and I headed to Wichita early Saturday morning for some shopping. Our first stop was Furniture Row. We NEEDED some new living room furniture, our old stuff is just YUCKY and with this new baby on the way and lots of company I just couldn't take it anymore!! I really wanted a sectional so we would have plenty of seating. I ended up going with a smaller sectional and this animal print lounge chair!!! I am really happy with the pieces I chose and I think they will work great for our family! I think we will end up having to draw straws for to see who gets to sit on the SUPER comfy lounger though!!
After the furniture store we made several stops looking for some plates, cups, and napkins for my Winfield baby shower. We didn't have a lot of luck (until we got to Hobby Lobby and of course you can find EVERYTHING you are looking for there!!) We also went to the mall and while Kara was picking up some curtains I shopped for some maternity underwear!! FUN! NOT! I tried on a couple of bras at Penney's and they just didn't fit right and you should've seen the underwear the lady pointed out to me!! You know the HUGE silky granny panties?!?!? Well think about 2x bigger than those! I told her NO WAY that I just couldn't do it and she looked and me like I was too good for her undies!! We headed straight for Motherhood and I found EXACTLY what I was looking for and at great prices too (even though Penney's was having a huge sale ;) Heath and I always joke b/c every week in the paper Penney's is having the biggest sale of the year!!) It felt really good to have those purchases checked off of the list. Even though I have 4 weeks left there still seems like SOOO much to do and everyday is almost booked up to my delivery date!
After shopping we went to the Attic where they had a crafty shower for me. I got some ready made pages which will be NICE to be able to just put pics on! Also, Lindsay bought some little TINY white onsies that we all decorated! They turned out super cute and I even got matching hairbows! This girl is going to be STYLIN!
Here is Lindsay contemplating her next brilliant plan for the "Princess Paisley" onsie!

Karagirl and Sher-Real stitching away!

Kelli and her hand painted "Precious Paisley" onsie.


The busy bee attic girls hard at it!


The finished products! I LOVE THEM!!

A baby bath set from Kelli!

Steff's awesome pages!

An adorable Paisley layout and gorgeous zebra and hot pink hair bow w/ ruffled onsie courtesy of Kelli and Renee!
We had such a fun time and the 3 hours just FLEW!!! I was soo pooped when I got home, I went straight to bed and slept a ton Sunday. Heath worked hard and got all of the wallpaper off of the living room walls so we can get that painted by next Sunday (in time for my Winfield and AC friends to come over). I am keeping my fingers crossed SUPER hard that my new furniture will be here in time but they said it would probably be the first of next week. DARN!

1 comment:

  1. The furniture looks cool! I can't wait to sit in that lounger!

    ReplyDelete