Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Oh WHAT a MoNdAy!!!!

Normally Mondays are my LEAST favorite day of the week but today was GREAT!! Lindsay had another shower planned for me at our school with all of our teacher friends. It was soo wonderful to get through another long day knowing that we were going to get together after school!!
This was the Price is Right game she had planned. It was a higher/lower price game. I did pretty well (8/10) and got to keep all of the goodies after! I even won a King Sized Reese's that Crosby tried to talk me out of but I stood strong!!


This punch was sooo good I had 3 glasses and I think my stomach was a little too full from it!


L.Fox made me carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting because she knows I crave carrot cake!!


I got TONS of sweet gifts and felt sooo grateful that I have such a great bunch of women that I work with!! So many wonderful friends stopped by to bring a gift and wish us well :)


My mommy-to-be throne that Lindsay and Hailey rigged up for me!! VERY Classy!


When I got home from school I was sooo very exhausted. Everyone was excited to see all of the new baby things though, so Heath and Adler unloaded the car and we went through all of the goodies! The girls had a blast opening the gifts back up and looking at everything. It was like having the shower all over again! After that, I decided that I wanted to start on the nursery. I KNOW with only 4 weeks to go and I STILL haven't gotten to it. Adler went in to start peeling wallpaper and called to me... "Mom what is this printed stuff underneath the wallpaper?" I panicked and went in to the room. Just as I had FEARED...2 layers of wallpaper. NOOOOOOO!!!!! The blue is the top layer and the red (from as hard as it is to peel off) looks like it has been there since the dawn of time!!!!!!!
I am soooo very bummed about this because it is going to take FOREVER to get this all off. I scraped until 9pm and just got 1/4 of ONE wall done!! At this rate it is going to take 16 days until JUST the wallpaper is off. Not counting several days of painting and decorating. So if you call or come by and I don't answer it is b/c I am upstairs scraping wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great friend Lindsay is! I'm glad she it there to take such good care of Fetus Curtis' mommy! (but I'm bummed I didn't get another cupcake!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you call my sweet sweet baby girl "FETUS CURTIS!!" ;) I can't wait to think of something as endearing for your baby when that time comes!!! Yes, Lindsay is a great friend...but I say let's have a contest to see who can be the greatest friend of all time. GO!!
    hahahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete